Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WEB OF DEBT - WEB OF DEATH

If you are wondering why I keeping making posts about Greece and ranting about how the entire system is built on excessive debt look no further than the NYTimes for a graphic that says it all.

Can you imagine a German looking at Greeks rioting because their pensions may be reduced thinking that you are actually going to extend these people more money? I believe Greeks can retire at age 55 on a public pension, I guess I'd be rioting too if I had grown used to the idea that someone else would take care of me for the next 40 years!!!

DEBT WEB



As I type the Dow is down 276 points. I am hopeful for some turnaround here, but there is a real possibility that later in the week the Europeans vote down a bailout for Greece. Remember what happened in the US when TARP funding was voted down the first time? The S&P500 went down almost 8% that day. Be on your toes this week.

WANT MORE?

- Read this pretty good article on the "What If" the Euro collapsed by Julian Phillips

I don't agree with everything he says, but I've found few folks that actually outline what they think will happen, so I like it!

What will happen to currencies if the Euro collapses?



Goatmug

1 comment:

  1. hi

    I see absolutely no reason why the USD or the YEN are better than the euro; not a single serious one. I saw an article today on FT called "EUROTRASH"; that is pretty extreme to me; also, speculators are piling big time today shorting the euro. A big squeeze is not out of the question imo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.... if you are leaving spam or any link that is not related to the post, your comment will not be approved.